This is our chance to let Hallmark know that SSD matters to us. One thing we can all appreciate about Hallmark / Crown Media is that they do listen to the fans. We have a voice, and it’s time for us to gather together and let them know how much we want more SSD movies in 2017.
Because our favorite four value the intimacy of letters and their safe delivery to recipients, we believe that an avalanche of personal letters to the Hallmark offices in a certain time frame would be a most appropriate appeal.
We want to urge Hallmark executives to renew Signed, Sealed, Delivered for at least 4 new films in 2017. That’s why we urgently need all POstables to participate!
Here’s the plan:
We will send emails and real letters to Hallmark’s President and CEO, Bill Abbott, and Executive Vice President, Michelle Vicary. It would be appropriate to send a Hallmark card to them---it shows investment in Hallmark and how clever Signed, Sealed, Delivered fans are! Whether you’re in the United States or abroad, the more people and the more diverse the letters---in both sentiment, and location---the better!
Bill Abbott OR Michelle Vicary (or both individually if you are really ambitious)
c/o Crown Media
12700 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City, CA 91604
Our goal send date is June 17th--this date is for both Regular Mail and Email (appropriately, that is also Chandel’s birthday, so it’s easy for the POstables to remember). Also, if you can't get your thoughts together by 6.17, send your letter as soon as you can. [Co-authors note: I didn’t come up with this date, Crissy did. - Chandel].
1. Tell them how much SSD matters to you. Tell a story. Tell your story. Tell them about Tweeting with friends, about the friendships---the family--- we have made. Have you connected with another POstable in real life? Put a photo in the card, talk about what it meant to be able to connect with that person, and how being part of the Signed, Sealed, Delivered community facilitated that connection. Did your son or daughter have a POstables birthday party? Talk about it!
2. Because we are addressing network executives who run a business, let’s tell them not only that we are watching, but that we are telling our friends to watch in an attempt to grow the audience. So when Hallmark airs re-runs or releases DVD’s we will get the word out with a grassroots movement to continue to improve viewership.
3. Double points if you can add a personal touch, like a drawing from one of your children.
4. One Caution: Please DO NOT use this letter to complain or air your grievances. Not all of you are happy with the 4 films a year format rather than a series, but it’s the format we must accept, and it’s not going to change. So let’s leave out comments like “We should have a movie every month” or “I wish it were still a series” or “Why don’t you show it more often?” or “Why did SSD change to the Hallmark MM network that costs me more money?” These kinds of issues SHOULD NOT be included in the letters for this particular campaign. It will only make us sound like complainers and our goal is to praise them for the gift we’ve been given in these SSD films and ask for a renewal for 2017.
Dear Bill Abbott (Michelle Vicary),
My name is [blank] and I’m from [blank]. I’m writing to you in support of the Signed, Sealed, Delivered movie series.
- I started watching Signed, Sealed, Delivered because...
- This show really speaks to me because…
- I connect with this character because…
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered has changed my perspective on life...
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered is the best show on television because…
- Watching this show is like catching up with old friends, and I make sure to check in/set my DVR whenever Movies & Mysteries has a marathon.
- The Hallmark brand is known for providing engaging, enjoyable family programming, and Signed, Sealed, Delivered fulfills this desperate need in cable television today.
Please continue to support Signed, Sealed, Delivered in 2017 and beyond.
And don’t forget to keep tuning in while we wait for news! Signed, Sealed, Delivered: For Christmas will air on Sunday, July 3 at 11am, and Tuesday, July 5 at 5pm. After that, the next big marathon is just ahead of Signed, Sealed, Delivered: One In A Million on July 24 at 9pm!
Getting To Work,
Crissy & Chandel
Special Thanks to Marybeth for lending her scholarly eye to this piece :)