It's that time of year again---that time between films, and before Winter TCAs---where we have the chance to make a big impact for our POstables when it comes to seeing them on our televisions in 2018. While we have Signed, Sealed, Delivered: The Road Less Traveled, and a yet to be written SSD10 to enjoy next year, it would be awesome to have some more beyond those to look forward to.
This is our chance to let Hallmark know that Signed, Sealed, Delivered matters to us (besides just in Living Letters). One thing we can all appreciate about Hallmark/Crown Media is that they do listen to the fans. We have a voice, and it’s time for us to once again gather together, and let them know how much we want more movies in 2018.
Because our favorite four value the intimacy of letters and their safe delivery to recipients, what could be more appropriate method of appeal than an avalanche of personal letters to the Hallmark offices? Let's urge Hallmark executives to renew Signed, Sealed, Delivered for at least 3 new films in 2018!
Here’s the plan:
We will send emails and real letters to Hallmark’s President and CEO, Bill Abbott, and Executive Vice President, Michelle Vicary. It would be appropriate to send a Hallmark card to them---it shows investment in Hallmark and how clever Signed, Sealed, Delivered fans are! Whether you’re in the United States or abroad, the more people and the more diverse the letters---in both sentiment, and location---the better!
Bill Abbott OR Michelle Vicary (or both individually if you are really ambitious)
c/o Crown Media
12700 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City, CA 91604
Our goal send date is December 1--this date is for both Regular Mail and Email. Also, if you can't get your thoughts together by Dec. 1, send your letter as soon as you can. You'll already be sending tons of holiday goodies to family and friends---so why not have these notes ready for your trip to the post office?!
As you start thinking about writing your letters and emails, here are some thoughts about how you can appeal to these execs:
1. Tell them how much SSD matters to you. Tell a story. Tell your story. Tell them about Tweeting with friends, about the friendships---the family---we have made. Have you connected with another POstable in real life? Put a photo in the card, talk about what it meant to be able to connect with that person, and how being part of the Signed, Sealed, Delivered community facilitated that connection. Did your son or daughter have a POstables birthday party? Talk about it! One of the people who made the trip to Home & Family? Let them know!
3. Double points if you can add a personal touch, like a drawing from one of your children.
4. One Caution: Please DO NOT use this letter to complain or air your grievances. Not all of you are happy with the several films a year format rather than a series, but it’s the format we must accept, and it’s not going to change. So let’s leave out comments like “We should have a movie every month” or “I wish it were still a series” or “Why don’t you show it more often?” or “Why did SSD change to the Hallmark MM network that costs me more money?” Please also avoid voicing frustration about whether or not you have Hallmark Drama. These kinds of issues SHOULD NOT be included in the letters for this particular campaign. It will only make us sound like complainers and our goal is to praise them for the gift we’ve been given in these SSD films and ask for a renewal for 2018.
Dear Bill Abbott (Michelle Vicary),
My name is [blank] and I’m from [blank]. I’m writing to you in support of the Signed, Sealed, Delivered movie series.
- I started watching Signed, Sealed, Delivered because...
- My favorite Signed, Sealed, Delivered movie is...
- This show really speaks to me because…
- I connect with this character because…
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered has changed my perspective on life...
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered is the best show on television because…
- Watching this show is like catching up with old friends, and I make sure to check in/set my DVR whenever Movies & Mysteries has a marathon.
- The Hallmark brand is known for providing engaging, enjoyable family programming, and Signed, Sealed, Delivered fulfills this desperate need in cable television today.
Please continue to support Signed, Sealed, Delivered in 2018 and beyond.
There are an infinite number of ways you can take any of these prompts. Just do what Martha always seems to do---speak from the heart.
And, hey, while you have their attention, think about mentioning how much you’d like to have a POstables Family Reunion sometime!
Please consider taking a moment to participate. You don’t have to write a novel---you can even write a little something on the back of a postcard! Every little bit, every time we take to let Hallmark Movies & Mysteries know what this show means to us makes a difference.
Break out your colored pens, pencils, quills and let's get to work!
*Adapted from the #Deliver2017 campaign, written by Crissy, Chandel & peer-edited by Marybeth